Juvederm is actually a line of 5 different injectable filler products from Allergan designed with specific areas of the face in mind. No longer do patients have to settle for a one filler fits all approach. Think of it as a wardrobe of fillers each designed for a specific occasion. These fillers include:
- Juvederm Ultra XC: Used for smile lines and lips
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: Ideal for deep folds and wrinkles
- Juvederm Voluma: A mid face volumizer
- Juvederm Vollure: Made for smile lines and marrionette lines
- Juvederm Volbella: Ideal for lips and and fine lines around the mouth
What Is Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC?
Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC are highly cross-linked hyaluronic acid based fillers that are used to reduce wrinkles and folds in the face. Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally found in our skin, joints, and connective tissue. The most common indication for Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC is the reduction of smile lines or nasolabial fold. Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are also used in achieving fuller lips. Dr. Dadvand is an expert in injecting Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC and was a participant in the JET TRIAL that compared the effects of Juvederm with another dermal filler.
Where Can Juvederm be Injected?
The most common areas Dr. Dadvand targets during Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC sessions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nasolabial folds
- Thin lips
- Marionette lines
- Lip lines
- Nose (Non-surgical Rhinoplasty)
What to Expect With Your Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC Session
After discussing your goals with Dr. Dadvand, topical numbing cream will be applied to the areas to be injected. Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC also contain lidocaine, an anesthetic, making the treatment relatively painless. The entire procedure takes 15 to 30 minutes, and results are seen immediately. There is some swelling that resolves within 24-48 hours. Results can last up to a year. Lip augmentation typically lasts about six months.
Dr. Dadvand: Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Juvederm Specialist
Why Choose Dr. Dadvand? As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Dadvand has performed thousands of injections for his patients in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.
Dr. Dadvand believes in natural augmentation and rejuvenation. Many people worry about being over injected or having ducky lips. Dr. Dadvand, with his fine arts background and years of experience, will give you the natural fullness you desire. Dr. Dadvand’s techniques that he has developed include:
- Customized treatment plan to your facial anatomy
- 180 Degree Method: Injecting from multiple angles and directions to achieve the smoothest look
- Slow, meticulous injecting technique to minimize bruising
- Using his fine arts background and extensive knowledge of facial anatomy to make sure the face is three dimensionally as symmetric as possible
- Dr. Dadvand’s number one priority is the patient’s best interest. The many patient testimonials demonstrate that he provides a specialized treatment plan with each patient to meet their individual goals. Whatever the reason you are dissatisfied with your face, Dr. Babak Dadvand can help. Dr. Dadvand is considered one of the best injectors in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. He believes in working closely with his patients to achieve their goals.
Frequently Asked Questions About Juvederm
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in all mammals that helps to hydrate and add volume to your skin. In addition to its use as an aesthetic treatment, hyaluronic acid has also been used for more than 20 years for injection into arthritic joints to aid movement as well as for eye surgeries and wound repair.
What is cross-linked hyaluronic acid?
“Uncross-linked” hyaluronic acid in its natural form is in a liquid state. “Cross-linking” is the process through which hyaluronic acid is made into a gel product that can be injected into the skin for long-lasting results.
How long do results last?
Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC are the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved to last up to 1 year when used to reduce smile lines. When Injected in the lips results typically last up to six months.
What if I don’t like my Juvederm?
Because JUVÉDERM® is composed of hyaluronic acid, it can readily be dissolved with hyaluronidase. This is done as an injection and the results are immediate.
What are the possible side effects of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel?
Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short lasting (2 days or less). The most common side effects include, but are not limited to, temporary injections site reactions such as redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection or ischemia. Complications such as skin necrosis or blindness, while present, are exceptionally rare.
Can people with different skin tones/colors be treated with JUVÉDERM®?
Yes. In fact, Juvéderm® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven safe for persons of color. Juvéderm® showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.