Contact Dr. Dadvand
VolbellaWritten by Dr. Babak Dadvand
“If the eyes are indeed the windows to the soul, then it can be said that the lips are the messengers of the heart.” Of course when poems are dedicated to a facial feature, shouldn’t that facial feature have its own dedicated filler? The answer, of course, is yes, and more specifically Volbella.
What Is Volbella?
Juvéderm Volbella® is a newer formulation of hyaluronic acid filler that is considered to be an ideal option for the lips, lines around the mouth, and additional lip area volume.
Volbella is a highly cross-linked hyaluronic acid based filler that is designed to add volume and structure to the lips and lines around the mouth. Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally found in our skin, joints, and connective tissue.
Volbella is made with patented Vycross technology, which provides lifting capacity and slows break-down of the product. This allows Volbella to last for up to twelve months. Plus, since it is a HA filler, it can be easily dissolved with hyaluronidase if the results aren’t to a person’s liking.
Where Can Volbella be Injected?
The most common areas Dr. Dadvand targets during Volbella sessions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lips for volume
- To soften lip lines
- Correct downward mouth corners
- Philtral columns
What to Expect With Your Volbella Session
After discussing your goals with Dr. Dadvand, topical numbing cream will be applied to the areas to be injected. Volbella also contains lidocaine, an anesthetic, making the treatment relatively painless. The entire procedure takes less than 30 minutes, and results are seen immediately. There is some swelling that resolves within 24-48 hours. Results can last up to one year. Your metabolism, your age, and how intensely you move your lips on a daily basis will all have an impact on how long it lasts.
Dr. Dadvand: Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Volbella Specialist
Why Choose Dr. Dadvand? As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Dadvand has performed thousands of injections for his patients in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.
Dr. Dadvand believes in natural augmentation and rejuvenation. Many people worry about being over injected or having ducky lips. You will never leave the office looking silly or overdone. This is because Dr. Dadvand, with his fine arts background and years of experience, will give you the natural fullness you desire. Dr. Dadvand’s techniques that he has developed include:
- Customized treatment plan to your facial anatomy
- 180 Degree Method: Injecting from multiple angles and directions to achieve the smoothest look
- Slow, meticulous injecting technique to minimize bruising
- Using his fine arts background and extensive knowledge of facial anatomy to make sure the face is three dimensionally as symmetric as possible
- Dr. Dadvand’s number one priority is the patient’s best interest. The many patient testimonials demonstrate that he provides a specialized treatment plan with each patient to meet their individual goals. Whatever the reason you are dissatisfied with your face, Dr. Babak Dadvand can help. Dr. Dadvand is considered one of the best injectors in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. He believes in working closely with his patients to achieve their goals.
Instructions Before and After Your Filler Injection Pre-Injection Instructions
Avoid the following for at least 3 (and preferably 7) days prior to your filler injection:
- Pain relievers (Tylenol is okay)
- St. John’s Wort
- Coumadin (get primary physician approval first)
- Fish oil
- Ginko biloba
- Vitamin E pills
If you’ve ever had a cold sore, let Dr. Dadvand know and he will write you a prescription for Valtrex.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
- Wait at least 1 hour after treatment to apply makeup in order to allow your skin to breathe
- Avoid excessive facial expressions and strenuous exercise for 4 hours after your treatment
- Avoid extreme heat like saunas and sunbathing for the first 24 hours
- Don’t rub or massage the area for 24 hours