Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
About Breast Lift
Breast ptosis or “droopy” breasts can be caused by age, as well as pregnancies or weight gain and loss. Breast lift, or mastopexy, improves the breast shape in addition to raising the nipple to a more pleasing height. Breast lift, or mastopexy, can also reduce the size of over-stretched areolas. Whether combined with breast augmentation or without, the goal of a breast lift, or mastopexy, is a more youthful looking breast. If you feel your breasts are droopy, your nipples are too low, or your areolas are too large, then the most effective solution is a breast lift in Beverly Hills with Dr. Dadvand.
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Top Los Angeles Breast Lift Surgeon Dr. Dadvand dedicates his practice on breast surgery. Dr. Dadvand relies on years of experience where he uses specialized techniques, such as dual planning and internal mastopexy, to customize the treatment plans for his patients. Because Dr. Dadvand’s practice is focused on breast surgery, his expertise will ensure that you reach your goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has droopy breasts with or without deflation in the upper part of the breast
- Has nipples and areolas at or below the level of the breast crease (inframammary fold)
- Has noticeable breast asymmetry
- Is not actively smoking
- Is in overall good health
Dr. Dadvand frequently spends over an hour with patients at their breast lift consults. This is to ensure that both he and the patient are on the same page in regards to the optimal surgical plan. During your consultation, Dr. Dadvand and you will discuss:
- Your goals for your breast shape and position
- Whether a breast implant will be necessary to achieve the optimal outcome
- Incisions to be used in performing the surgery
- The final size and location of your areolas
- Dr. Dadvand will perform an exam and measure your breast dimensions
- Dr. Dadvand will discuss the surgery and recovery and answer all of your questions.
Dr. Dadvand performs your breast lift surgery with the following principles in mind:
- Careful and precise pre-operative markings: this ensures the most symmetry in the final surgical scars
- The operation takes place in an accredited surgery center with a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Safely removing tissue, if necessary, without risking the blood supply to the nipple and areola and skin.
- Dr. Dadvand’s technique focuses on minimal blood loss. This decreases the irritation to the surrounding tissues and leads to less pain and discomfort post operatively.
- Sitting you up several times during surgery to ensure the best symmetry.
There are different mastopexy, or breast lift, techniques that Dr. Dadvand uses to lift and reshape the breasts. The technique used is largely dependent on how much ptosis, or droopiness, there is.
This form of breast lift places the incision on the upper half of the areola. A wedge of skin and breast tissue is removed above the areola and the incision is closed. This technique, although having the advantage of a minimal scar, is not a powerful lifting and reshaping technique and should only be used in women who require a minimal breast lift, or mastopexy.
Circumareolar (Binelli) Breast Lift:
This breast lift, or mastopexy, the technique involves an incision all the way around the areola. A larger circular incision is made around this incision and the skin in between the two incisions is removed. This is a more powerful breast lift than a crescent lift, but should not be used in women who need more than a 2-3cms of nipple lift. The other benefit is that this technique can reduce the size of areolas that are too large.
Vertical Breast Lift:
Also referred to as a lollipop incision, this breast lift, or mastopexy involves a scar that goes around the areola and down to the breast fold. It is a more powerful lift than a circumareolar breast lift and can reshape the breast tissue better. This technique is also very good narrow breasts that are too wide.
Inverted-T Breast Lift:
This breast lift, or mastopexy, is the most extensive lift and used for women who require a greater degree of breast lift or have a fair amount of excess skin. Also referred to as anchor scar, wise pattern, among others, it consists of a scar that goes around the areola and down the breast as well as a horizontal scar in the breast fold. This horizontal scar is very well hidden.
Each of the above procedures may also be performed with a breast implant. In these cases, the breast implant serves to give more upper breast fullness which cannot be accomplished with a breast lift, or mastopexy, alone.
- Breast lift surgery is an outpatient surgery that takes several hours to perform
- Dr. Dadvand will see you at his Beverly Hills office for a check-up the day after surgery and one week after as well.
- Most patients return to work in less than a week.
- Most patients return to light exercise in 2 weeks and regular exercise by 4 to 6 weeks.
- Dr. Dadvand encourages his patients to contact him with any questions or concerns they have during their recovery period. If patients are not in Beverly Hills or Los Angeles, they are encouraged to Skype Dr. Dadvand with any questions.
Dr. Dadvand: Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Breast Specialist
Why choose Dr. Dadvand? As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Top LA & Beverly Hills breast surgery expert, Dr. Dadvand focuses his practice on breast lift surgery. Dr. Dadvand relies on years of experience where he uses specialized techniques to customize the treatment plans for his patients. Because Dr. Dadvand’s practice is focused on breast surgery, his expertise will ensure that you reach your goals. Don’t trust your breast lift surgery to just any plastic surgeon. Make sure you see Dr. Dadvand, the breast specialist. Dr. Dadvand’s techniques that he has developed include:
- Meticulously sutured incisions that heal exceptionally well
- Minimal blood loss during surgery which means less pain for you after surgery
- Using modern techniques like the medial and superomedial pedicles to obtain the best breast shape with long lasting results
- Using his fine arts background to make sure the breasts are three dimensionally as symmetric as possible
- Dr. Dadvand’s number one priority is the patient’s best interest. The many patient testimonials demonstrate that he provides a specialized treatment plan with each patient to meet their individual goals. Whether you want to lift, reshape, or become more proportional, Dr. Babak Dadvand can help. Dr. Dadvand is considered one of the best breast surgeons in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. He believes in working closely with his patients to make a difference in their lives.
Contact the office of Dr. Babak Dadvand, where his friendly and courteous staff will schedule a consultation for you. Our office is located in the Beverly Hills, Los Angeles area.