Contact Dr. Dadvand
Revision Breast SurgeryWritten by Dr. Babak Dadvand
About Revision Breast Surgery
Revision breast surgery is an operation designed to correct a problem or problems that arose from a prior breast surgery. As more breast implant surgeries are performed, as are the numbers of revision breast surgeries. Dr. Dadvand specializes in revision breast surgery. The key is to individualize the plan to match the patient’s needs and goals. Los Angeles Breast Revision Expert, Dr. Dadvand’s goal is to optimize the results so the patients can enjoy their breasts and move on with their lives.
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Dadvand focuses his practice on revision breast surgery. Breast revision surgeries can be some of the most challenging surgeries a plastic surgeon performs. Because Dr. Dadvand’s practice is focused on breast surgery, his expertise will ensure that you reach your goals. Dr. Dadvand relies on years of experience performing revision breast surgeries. He uses specialized techniques, such as dual planning, internal mastopexy, and the use of products like Strattice, to customize the treatment plans for his patients. Don’t trust your revision breast surgeon to just any plastic surgeon. Make sure you see the breast specialist, Dr. Dadvand.
There are many reasons why women may be unhappy with the outcomes of their prior breast surgery. Some are due to the implants, such as malposition, capsular contracture, improper size or deflation, and other reasons are due to natural changes with the breasts, such as aging, weight changes, or pregnancies.
- Capsular contracture
- Implant too small or too large
- Has noticeable breast asymmetry
- Not actively smoking
- In overall good health
No matter what type of implant, whether it is a breast, chin, or hip implant, the body will form a capsule around it. In some cases, this capsule becomes very tight and thick, which makes the breast look and feel firm, full in the upper pole and sometimes painful. The treatment for this is to remove the capsule and place new breast implants. This is followed by a gentle massage protocol to keep the breasts soft.
When the breast implant pocket is too large, the breast implant will not be centered over the breast. Sometimes the pockets meet in the midline; this is called Symmastia. Another form of breast implant malposition is called “bottoming out”. Here the breast implants are too low and cause the nipple to look too high. In addition, the implants can sit too laterally, as if they are falling off of the chest. For all of these cases, the solution will involve suturing the pockets from the inside to make them smaller (called a capsulorrhaphy, or revisionary breast surgery,) and placing the breast implants so they are centered over the breast tissue.
Although not a common occurrence, breast implant deflation can occur. If your breast implants are saline implants then you will notice that one side is smaller than the other (almost like a flat tire). The saline poses no danger to your body. The new generation silicone implants are designed to maintain their shape even with a rupture. In the event of a rupture or deflation, the breast implant is removed and a new one is replaced.
Rippling is when the edges of the breast implant can be felt or seen. This occurs more often with saline breast implants than silicone breast implants, or when the breast implants are placed above the muscle. treatment is to replace the saline breast implant with silicone implants. If the implants are above the muscle (subglandular), the new breast implants are placed below the muscle.
Dr. Dadvand frequently spends over an hour with patients at their revision breast consults. This is to ensure that both he and the patient are on the same page in regards to the optimal surgical plan. During your consultation, Dr. Dadvand and you will discuss:
- The issue(s) you have with your breasts currently
- Detailed history of your prior breast surgeries
- Your goals for your breast shape and position
- What size and style breast implant may be necessary to achieve the optimal outcome
- Incisions to be used in performing the surgery
- The final size and location of your areolas
- Dr. Dadvand will perform an exam and measure your breast dimensions
- Dr. Dadvand will discuss the surgery and recovery and answer all of your questions.
Dr. Dadvand performs your revision breast surgery with the following principles in mind:
- Careful and precise pre-operative markings: this ensures the most symmetry in the final surgical scars
- The operation takes place in an accredited surgery center with a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- Safely removing any tissue without risking the blood supply to the nipple and areola and skin.
- Using state of the art techniques like Neo-subpectoral pocket and Strattice to achieve long lasting results.
- Dr. Dadvand’s technique focuses on minimal blood loss. This decreases the irritation to the surrounding tissues and leads to less pain and discomfort post operatively.
- Sitting you up several times during surgery to ensure the best symmetry.
- Revision breast surgery is an outpatient surgery that takes several hours to perform
- Dr. Dadvand will see you at his Beverly Hills office for a check-up the day after surgery and one week after as well.
- Most patients return to work in less than a week.
- Most patients return to light exercise in 2 weeks and regular exercise by 4 to 6 weeks.
- Dr. Dadvand encourages his patients to contact him with any questions or concerns they have during their recovery period. If patients are not in Beverly Hills or Los Angeles, they are encouraged to Skype Dr. Dadvand with any questions
Dr. Dadvand: Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Revision Breast Surgery Specialist
Why choose Dr. Dadvand? As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Top LA & Beverly Hills breast surgery expert, Dr. Dadvand focuses his practice on breast surgery. Dr. Dadvand relies on years of experience where he uses specialized techniques to customize the treatment plans for his patients. Because Dr. Dadvand’s practice is focused on breast surgery, his expertise will ensure that you reach your goals. Don’t trust your revision breast surgery to just any plastic surgeon. Make sure you see Dr. Dadvand, the breast specialist. Dr. Dadvand’s techniques that he has developed include:
- Meticulously sutured incisions that heal exceptionally well
- Minimal blood loss during surgery which means less pain for you after surgery
- Using modern techniques like Neo-Subpectoral pocket and Strattice to obtain the best breast shape with long lasting results
- Using his fine arts background to make sure the breasts are three dimensionally as symmetric as possible
- Dr. Dadvand’s number one priority is the patient’s best interest. The many patient testimonials demonstrate that he provides a specialized treatment plan with each patient to meet their individual goals. Whatever the reason you are dissatisfied with your prior breast surgery, Dr. Babak Dadvand can help. Dr. Dadvand is considered one of the best breast surgeons in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. He believes in working closely with his patients to make a difference in their lives.
Contact the office of Dr. Babak Dadvand, where his friendly and courteous staff will schedule a consultation for you. Our office is located in the Beverly Hills, Los Angeles area.