For strong pecs, do bench press. For strong biceps, do curls. But what if you want a stronger jawline? Unfortunately, there’s no machine at the gym to help with that. A strong jawline is considered very attractive in men and yes, even in women. There are two main options to get that strong jawline. The first option is surgery to place a permanent implant. But this has the risks of every surgery, such as bleeding, infection, nerve damage, and anesthesia, not to mention problems over time with the implant. The second option is to use an injectable filler. With modern technology, there are now several powerful fillers that can get you that jaw contour you only saw on the movie screen. Dr. Dadvand, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, is an expert in jaw contouring with fillers.
Fillers for Jawline Contouring
Not all fillers are created for all purposes. Dr. Dadvand uses only a limited number of fillers to contour the jawline. The best fillers for this area are Radiesse, Voluma, and Restylane Lyft. What they have in common is that they are all designed to be injected deep, which is where the augmentation needs to be. Whereas fillers such as Restylane-L and Juvederm Ultra are great for smile lines and lips, they are not strong enough to lift and contour the jawline area.
What Areas of the Jaw can be Contoured?
The three main areas of the jawbone, or mandible, that are typically contoured, are:
- the body
- the angle
- the ramus
The mental protuberance, which is basically the chin, is also a popular area to augment.
What to Expect With Your Jawline Contouring Session
After discussing your goals with Dr. Dadvand, topical numbing cream will be applied to the areas to be injected. All the fillers that Dr. Dadvand uses also contain lidocaine, an anesthetic, making the treatment relatively painless. The entire procedure takes about 30 minutes, and results are seen immediately. There is some swelling that resolves within 24-48 hours. Results can last from 12 to 24 months. Your metabolism, your age, and how intensely you move your mouth on a daily basis will all have an impact on how long it lasts.
Why Choose Dr. Dadvand?
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Dadvand has performed thousands of injections for his patients in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.
Dr. Dadvand believes in natural augmentation and rejuvenation. Many people worry about being over injected or looking fake. You will never leave the office looking silly or overdone. This is because Dr. Dadvand, with his fine arts background and years of experience, will give you the natural fullness you desire. Dr. Dadvand’s techniques that he has developed include:
- Customized treatment plan to your facial anatomy
- 180 Degree Method: Injecting from multiple angles and directions to achieve the smoothest look
- Slow, meticulous injecting technique to minimize bruising
- Using his fine arts background and extensive knowledge of facial anatomy to make sure the face is three dimensionally as symmetric as possible
- Dr. Dadvand’s number one priority is the patient’s best interest. The many patient testimonials demonstrate that he provides a specialized treatment plan with each patient to meet their individual goals. Whatever the reason you are dissatisfied with your face, Dr. Babak Dadvand can help. Dr. Dadvand is considered one of the best injectors in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. He believes in working closely with his patients to achieve their goals.