Top 5 Instructions After Your Liposuction Surgery
1. Swelling control is very important after liposuction surgery. If you had liposuction of your arms or legs, make sure to keep them elevated on pillows when laying down.
2. The compression garment should be worn for 6 weeks after surgery. This seems like a long time, and it is. However, as you slowly increase your activity, you will inevitably get more swelling and the garment will keep the swelling to a minimum.
3. Although walking and regular daily activities are encouraged right after surgery, exercise and strenuous activity should be avoided for 6 weeks.
4. I introduce all of my post liposuction patients to endermologie, a mesotherapeutic technique that helps decrease bruising and swelling. Endermologie can be started as early as 1 week post surgery. Please read my blog on Endermoloie for more information.
5. It is important to maintain a low salt diet during your recovery period. Your body will react to salt more vigorously after surgery than it would normally.