What is Mastopexy?
Mastopexy is the medical term for what is commonly known as a “breast lift”. Some people have genetically sagging breasts and others develop a droopy chest as a result of aging, hormones, weight fluctuations, pregnancy and so forth. The good news is that breast mastopexy can give you the perky, symmetric chest that you have always wanted.
Many people confuse a breast lift with breast implants. Breast lift surgery is ideal for women who aren’t necessarily dissatisfied with the size of their breasts, but would like to enhance the appearance of their chest. If you want to be able to wear the bikinis, sportswear and other outfits but are unable to do so due to a droopy chest, mastopexy could be the solution for you. If you are interested in a breast lift as well as implants, these two cosmetic surgeries can be combined during a single procedure.
Whether combined with breast augmentation or without, the goal of mastopexy is a more youthful looking chest. If you want a firmer, shapelier appearance in your breasts, contact a cosmetic surgeon that belongs to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for a consultation to find out what your options are!
Breast Lift – What you need to know
- You will be advised to avoid strenuous exercise for up to a month after your breast lift surgery.
- Breast lift surgery can reduce the size of over-stretched areolas.
- Some of the risks involved include scarring, discoloration of the skin, bruising, swelling, bleeding and temporary (and in some cases permanent) loss of sensation of the nipples.
- There are a few different breast lift procedures that you can get. A crescent lift (which involves the surgeon making a small incision at the top of the areola in order to remove a small piece of tissue and skin) is ideal for women who only need a slight lift.
- If you need more dramatic results than what the crescent lift can provide, the cosmetic surgeon may advise you to go for a circumareolar breast lift, a vertical breast lift or an inverted-T breast lift.
How Dr Dadvand can help you?
Dr Dadvand has performed a number of breast lift procedures during his career as a cosmetic surgeon in Los Angeles. When you book a consultation with Dr Dadvand, he will be able to explain all the different options regarding size, shape, aesthetic results and recovery to you.
Contact us now for Mastopexy